The new Nokia X, Nokia’s first Android smartphone series is announced publicly at MWC 2014. Currently, the Nokia X is available for sale in mobile market with a price tag of 8500 INR. Nokia X runs on Nokia X operating platform which is capable of running Android apps. As it is not purely an Android operating system, it has no pre installed Google play store in it. Even though Nokia Store features numerous Android applications, it is after to Google play store which features more apps than Nokia store. So, today we are here with a tutorial of How to root Nokia X and install Google Play store in it.
It is known that Nokia X supports installation of side-loaded third party apps. Taking the advantage of this feature, the developers from XDA has found a simple way to root Nokia X and install Google play store in it.
How To Root Nokia X And Install Google Play Store In It?
- Make sure that the device is at least half charged. If the battery runs out of power during rooting process, it may ruin the rooting process.
- Backup important data on the phone like contacts, messages, call logs, settings etc.
- Enable 3rd party app installation on your Nokia X by following the below path
Settings>>Security>>Device Administration>>Unknown Sources>>Tick it
- Download the two files listed above to your Nokia X or else download the files to your PC and transfer them to your device
- Install the Farmaroot application following manual installation process on Nokia X.
- After the installation completes, the Farmaroot app icon appears in App drawer. Open the Farmaroot application by tapping on the icon.
- Once the farmaroot app is launched, you can find few options among which you should choose Install SuperSu and then tap on Gandalf.
- After completion of the installation, the success message appears on the screen as shown below.
- Now reboot your phone.
That’s all! You’ve successfully rooted Nokia X. Make sure that your device is properly rooted by using Root Explorer or Root Check application. Now you can go with installation of Google play store on your device.
Installation Of Google Play Store:
The installation process of Google play store is pretty simple. Just extract all the apk files from NokiaX_Gapps_Kashamalaga file to /system/app on phone and change the permissions as shown below:
Now reboot your device. You should find Google Play store icon in the phone’s App drawer. It says that you have successfully installed Google play store on your device. Tap the icon and the app requests for a login. Use your Google account to login and enjoy thousands of apps of your desired category.
You have learnt to root Nokia X and install Google Play store from this article. Are you using new Nokia’s Android Phone, Nokia X? What’s your experience with Android on Nokia? Do let us know your words through the comments section.