It is a big news that now we have a custom Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware for Samsung Galaxy core Duos I8262. Previously there are few custom ROM’s built for Galaxy core. But this custom ROM called Kit-Cat Android 4.4.2 is quiet stable and efficient than the past ones. It is known that the official update of Android 4.4.2 for Galaxy core is almost impossible as it is not a high end model of Samsung. So, it would be better to update Android 4.4.2 Kitkat on Samsung Galaxy Core duos using custom ROM without waiting for any official updates.
The Kit-cat Android custom firmware is developed by XDA Developers. Even though it is not an official, it is a good idea to update Android 4.4.2 Kitkat on Samsung Galaxy Core Duos. Follow the list of instructions below and get your device installed with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware.
Update Android 4.4.2 Kitkat on Samsung Galaxy Core Duos
- To install custom firmware on Galaxy core, you need to connect it to a PC. For the PC, to detect your phone, you should install Samsung USB drivers from the below source.
- If you face any problems while your phone to PC, check whether you have enabled USB debugging on your phone. Turn it on following the below path
- Backup important data like Contacts, Messages, Call logs, Mails, Google data, Whatsapp messages, Settings and any other data you consider to be important.
- Make sure that the phone battery is at least 80% charged to make sure that it should not run out of battery while installing the firmware.
- Download all the required files listed below and keep them in a folder to be handy for you.
Warning: This tutorial is purely for Samsung Galaxy Core Duos I8262. Do not attempt this tutorial with any other models. To get started with the tutorial, you must install a custom recovery on your phone.
Disclaimer: Either Fussed Blogger Team or XDA developers are not responsible for any losses that occur to your device while installing custom Firmware. The users are suggested to continue with the tutorial at your own risk.
Step 1: Using USB connect your Galaxy Core Duos to your PC.
Step 2: Now copy the previously downloaded Android 4.4.2 firmware Zip file into the phone’s SD card. Make sure that you copy the file in root folder of SD card.
Step 3: Disconnect the phone from PC and turn off the device.
Step 4: Now get into the recovery mode by turning the device on while holding and pressing Volume up+Power+Home buttons together.
Step 5: Enter ClockworkMod recovery menu and select Wipe data/factory reset to perform a full data wipe.
Step 6: Now perform a cache wipe by selecting Wipe cache partition from the same menu. In advanced settings of ClockworkMod recovery, select Wipe dalvik cache to wipe out the entire cache in the phone.
Step 7: Now go back to main menu and choose Install Zip from SD card and choose the ROM file copied in the phone’s SD card. You can make use of volume keys to navigate and power button to choose the file from the SD card.
Step 8: The ROM takes some time to install. After the completion of the installation, select the reboot system now option from the recovery menu.
You’ve successfully installed Android 4.4.2 Kitkat on Galaxy Core duos. The new Android 4.4.2 Kitkat ROM brings the new features for Core Duos like:
- Gradient Statubar
- Touch enhancement
- Bluetooth enhancement
- Wi-fi enhancement
- Call voice quality improvement
- Smoother and faster
- Multi-window support
Not just these features, the new ROM adds tons of new features to the device. So, we would surely recommend you to update android 4.4.2 Kitkat on Samsung galaxy core duos.