Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 comes with Android 2.2 version which can be upgraded to V2.3 officially. Since its release date there was no official updates announced to update Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 to Android Jelly bean 4.1.1. But, now it is possible with Cyanogen Mod 10 Firmware. Every Android user desires to use the updated version of the O.S. So, to make it possible XDA Team Developed CM10 firmware to get Jelly bean on Samsung Galaxy Mini s5570. Lets appreciate them for their work.
Before updating Samsung galaxy mini s5570 to Android jelly bean 4.1.1, you must know the backlogs of installing the CM10 Firmware to your Galaxy Mini. HQ Video playback, Camera and Proximity features are not working properly with Galaxy mini installed with Jelly Bean. Even though it has some backlogs, the new firmware recovers many bugs compared to old version O.S. So, before installing your Samsung Galaxy mini with jelly bean, Decide yourself whether to install or leave away the phone with v2.2.
You might be interested in it: How to root Sony Xperia Z
Disclaimer: Either Fussed Blogger media or the ROM Developers won’t consider themselves responsible to any losses or errors occurred during the process. So, please don’t neglect to consider the safety measures mentioned below to ensure a successful installation.
Update Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 To Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1:
Secure Measures and Requirements:
- Backup all the phone’s data like Messages, Contacts, Call logs, Access Points, Mails, Images, Videos, Songs and any other components you consider to be important. Move all the backup files to your PC.
- The Firmware is designed considering the Samsung Galaxy Mini O.S. Attempting to flash any other phone with this Firmware may brick the phone’s O.S. So, Don’t try to flash any other phone with this Firmware.
- Make sure that the phone’s battery is 70-80% filled before starting the installation process. If the phone runs out of battery during the installation process, it may brick the phone’s half installed O.S.
- To be installed with the new firmware, the phone must be rooted first. As you know, Rooting voids the phone’s warranty. So, if you consider it isn’t an issue, carry on rooting the phone and then to installation.
- The phone must be installed with ClockWorkMod recovery to make any installations.
- Make a Nandroid backup of the custom ROM to enable replacement of the ROM if any thing goes wrong during installation.
- Enable USB debugging to connect your phone to PC. Follow th below path to enable USB debugging..
If you are sure that you have followed every secure measure, continue to update Samsung galaxy mini s5570 to Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1.
- Downloads required: Android jelly bean 4.1.1 CM10 Firmware and latest Google Apps package for Samsung Galaxy Mini. Download these zip files to your PC.
- Connect your phone to PC and copy these downloaded files to the Root folder of SD card.
- After copying the filed to the SD card, disconnect the phone from the PC and Turn off the phone and switch to Recovery mode by holding Power and Home buttons.
- You can make a Nandroid backup in this step to enable replacement of the current ROM, in case any thing goes wrong during installation process.
- In recovery mode select the Wipe data clear entire cache in the phone’s O.S.
- From recovery menu choose Install zip file from SD card and Choose file from SD card . Now select the CM10 Firmware file from the SD card and the installation starts automatically. Don’t forget to choose Google apps zip file that you have copied earlier to SD card.
- Wait until the installation completes and welcome screen appears. It takes around 5 min to complete the installation process.
- If the welcome screen appears, your aim to update Samsung galaxy mini s5570 to Android Jelly bean is successfully accomplished.
Congrats! That you have successfully installed jelly bean on your phone.
My final words:
The CM10 firmware for the Samsung Galaxy mini is not officially announced. So, it may include some bugs. Lets wait for a new firmware with no bugs in it. If you face any issues during the installation, feel free to comment below. We may help you in any possible way.
Firmware Credits: XDA